Today you learn What is SEO and How to write SEO optimized content for beginner blogger. If you are new to writing blogs or if you have a new website on WordPress, you obviously want people to discover your site and eventually be your faithful visitors.
You must generate content that is easily indexed by search engines. But thinking about your audience since you must write valuable information for them.
SEO is a process that although it takes time. it is not very difficult to achieve and these eight tips on SEO content writing will be of great help for you.
What is SEO?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. Search your topic in Google search engine or any other major search engines such as Bing, Yahoo, etc Organically, Freely & Naturally. SEO is a process to help you getting traffic and rank your article in search engines. It searches all the relevant topics regarding the query due to SEO optimized keywords, for example, see the below screenshot.
Search engine optimization is one of the “disciplines” which is changed a lot in recent years. We just have to look at a large number of updates that have been Penguin and Panda, and how they’ve taken a 180-degree turn to what was understood by SEO until recently.
Even though there are plenty of factors on which an internet search engine relies to position one page or another one could state that there are two fundamental factors, one is the authority and another is relevance.
- The Authority is basically the recognition of a website. The more popular the more valuable the information that it contains. This factor is what the search engine takes into account as it’s based on the consumer’s own experience. The more content that will be shared, the more users consider it useful.
- Relevance is the relationship a page has to some given search. This isn’t just that a page contains many times the search term but search engine depends on hundreds of on-site factors to determine this.
Search engine optimization can be broken into two big groups:
On-site SEO worries about relevance. It ensures that the web is optimized so the search engine understands the main thing, that’s the content of it. Inside the On-site SEO, we would incorporate keyword optimization, loading time, user experience, code optimization, and URL formatting.
Off-SEO is the part of Search engine optimization work that concentrates on factors external to the website we work on. The most vital factors in off-site SEO are the number and quality of the links, existence in social networks, mentions in local websites, brand authority, and performance in the search results page, that’s, the CTR which our Results in the search engine.
Surely you’re thinking that this is good and that it’s very interesting, but that you’re here to know why you want Search engine optimization on your website and what benefits you’ll get if you integrate it into your online strategy.
After we know exactly what Search engine optimization is, we have to differentiate whether we follow the recommendations of the search engine.
One is Black Hat Search Engine Optimization and another is White Hat Search Engine Optimization.
- Black Hat SEO: Black hat is the attempt to improve search engine positioning of a webpage via unethical techniques or that contradict the search engine guidelines. A few examples of Black Hat SEO are Cloaking, Spinning, SPAM in forums and blog comments, or Keyword Stuffing. The black hat may provide benefits in the short term, but it is generally a risky strategy, without continuity in the long term and that does not add value.
- White Hat SEO: It consists of all those actions that are ethically correct and that meet the guidelines of the search engines to position a web page and the search results. Since search engines give greater importance to the pages that best respond to a user search, White Hat understands the techniques that seek to make a search engine page more relevant by providing value to its users.
How search engines work?
The search engine’s operation can be summarized in two steps: tracking and indexing.
A search engine crawler travels the web crawling with what are called bots. These go through all the pages through the links. So a good link structure is very important here. Just as any user would do when browsing the content on the Web, they pass from one link to another and collect data on those web pages that they provide to their servers.
The tracking process begins with a list of web addresses from previous crawls and sitemaps provided by other web pages. Once bots access these websites, they looking for links to other pages to visit them. The bots are especially attracted to new sites and changes to existing websites.
It is the bots themselves who decide which pages to visit, how often and how long they will track that website, so it is important to have an optimal loading time and updated content.
It is very common that a web page needs to restrict the crawling of some pages or certain content to prevent them from appearing in the search results. For this, search engine bots can be told not to crawl certain pages through the “robots.txt” file.
When a bot has crawled a website, they collect the necessary information and these pages are included in an index. There they are sorted according to their content, their authority, and their relevance. In this way, when we make a query to the search engine it will be much easier to show us the results that are most related to our query.
At first, search engines were based on the number of times repeating a word. When doing a search, they traced those terms in their index to find out what pages they had in their texts, better positioning the one that had more times. Currently, they are more sophisticated and base their indexes on hundreds of different aspects like publication date, contain images, videos or animations, microformats, etc. They are some of those aspects. Presently they give more priority to the content quality.
How to write SEO optimized content?
Today I am giving you 8 tips to write SEO optimized content for your blog post. If you are thinking to start writing blogs for your website, it will help.
1. Write unique and attractive SEO content
Most search engines reward sites that share relevant content with their readers. So you have to share every time more fresh and unique content to your readers. The better visibility they will gain in the search results, since the more people who find your content useful or entertained, the more conversions and participations will have. Always remember that a single well-written SEO article exceeds the amount at all times.
2. Be brief and direct for SEO content writing
Be considerate of your reader’s time being brief and getting to the point immediately, very long SEO articles can be dull. If your article can be read between 5 and 10 minutes, you will get more people to engage with your content. Also, make use of the lists which break with the large blocks of text and facilitate reading.
Similarly, you must keep in mind that your article should be SEO Readability friendly (like as below screenshot). For that, install the Yoast SEO (if your site is on WordPress) for checking better the readability of your article.
3. Choose the keywords and use them wisely to write SEO content writing
Choose the keywords before you start writing an article and include them in the titles.
In the meta-tags and in the body of the text, but be careful to use them more. Most readers are wise enough to see what you are doing and you will only get them to never return to your site.
Tagging your content for SEO will help search engines rank it more accurately and will help you position it in that category.
4. Have a point of view
Many people may write about the same topics, but adding data from your own history and experience will make your content unique and will make them much more interesting for your readers. The more they can identify with you, the more they will share your article for SEO and the participants will be greater.
When adding links to your article for SEO, it is important that instead of saying “click here“, they are part of your text. It is important that the links are used to credible websites since it is important to build trust and credibility to your readers about the information you are sharing.
6. Optimize your images for SEO
Using relevant images not only makes your article more interesting, but it also allows you to optimize them by naming them with the relevant keywords. However, Make sure the image name is correct and optimize its size so that loading time can have a positive impact on your SEO optimization, making the image as small as possible, without sacrificing quality.
7. Read your article before publishing it
Be sure to check the spelling, it is no use writing keywords to get more searches, if they are misspelled, all your work for SEO will have been in vain. Also, you don’t want to bother your readers with bad grammar and misspelled words.
So it is very important to clean out the errors from your writing, for that you can use the online tool such as Grammarly to make your content foolproof. It has come with a free Google Chrome extension which directly helps you from your WordPress editor.
Make sure you have all the buttons of the main social networks on your website. Most offer free or paid plugins. Free is limited features but paid is a better choice to get more social networks to share. Also, the appearance in search engines tends to increase when the content of an article for SEO is shared frequently, never underestimate the power of social networks.
If you want a professional social share plugin like me then go to Social Snap and choose a pricing plan according to your budget.
Pro tips to write SEO optimized content
In conclusion, I am giving you some pro tips to write SEO optimized content for your website.
- Optimize your title tag according to commonly searched keywords,
- Write your article with doing On-page SEO and Off-page SEO,
- Make sure that your affiliate link should be no-follow,
- Maintain your writing length within the 1000 words to 3000 words,
- Improve your DA (Domain Authority) & PA (Page Authority) by creating good quality backlinks,
- Research your keywords very carefully. Don’t take high competitive keyword for your blog,
- Search your topic according to Country which you want to target,
- Optimize your article with page heading tags (h2, h3, h4, h5, h6),
- Optimize your meta tag description,
- Build Links using email outreach for better ranking.
Want More Update Like This? 🤔